"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease." ~ ~ ~ John Muir

Thursday, December 30, 2010

What Gives My Life Juice?

I've been in a quandary for the past few months about "What to do about the future?" Where do I live, considering it seems I can't find a place to live that I like? But that's not quite true. When I let my thoughts and feelings ramble outside their box, what I discover is that I end up in Mexico again and again. I must return to Mexico, to re-visit Merida and San Cristobal. I must see Palenque and Oaxaca. Aiyeee . . . . yes. When I think of all the places I've been, it's Mexico that calls me back the strongest. I loved Merida, I thought it was one of the most beautiful cities. It's not really. It's just a plain city, all square blocks. But I felt so safe there. A city of one million people, people who walk, people who stroll around the large central park every evening, people who gather in the town center to watch traditional dancers and musicians. I love it. Did I say that already?
Beach near Merida
I think it's fair to assume that when I think about doing something or going some place and I get those wonderful, excited feelings . . . then that's exactly what I should be doing. I can't face settling in to some "nice" senior apartments yet. I'm not crazy about Junction, though I think it will function as a home base someday. Just not yet. I'm certain that I want to spend this coming winter in Mexico. Nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment