"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease." ~ ~ ~ John Muir

Monday, December 6, 2010

Good Morning!

Welcome to a New Day on Planet Earth! Awesome, eh? Awesome and weird. We open our eyes, we breathe in, we breathe out. I pick up a cup which miraculously holds liquid, even though it is made of nothing but energy and space. I turn my head and direct my hand to lift the cup; I swallow and feel pleasure. Then I return to typing. The most hideous-looking creatures all climbing all over me right now. That little itch on my head, that tickle on my neck. They are grooming me, happily munching my dead skin. I look around and know that I am. How weird and awesome is all that? 

1 comment: