"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease." ~ ~ ~ John Muir

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grand Mesa

At last, an opportunity to get up to Grand Mesa. The sky was brilliant blue and the temps were predicted to be in the 40s. So off I went.


A few tracks on the lake


I followed the main trail for a few hundred feet, then came to a quieter trail that cut off to the right. Not that the main trail was noisy. Although I did meet a few others out there for the most part my day looked just like this.


More blue sky sans airplane



What a great day! I resisted going out at first - aw, such a long drive I thought. It will probably be cold, I thought. I'm glad I got out there. It was incredible - just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment